Helping Injury Survivors When They Need It The Most
It happens when you least expect it: You’re on the road when another driver, distracted by a cellphone or simply not paying attention, causes an accident that leaves you with a serious injury. You go to the grocery store and slip on water or some other slippery substance. Or, a machine malfunctions at work, and you are hurt as a result. Even if your injury seems minor, such as a muscle sprain, it can make the simplest daily tasks painful or impossible. You have rights, and we can help.
At The Law Office of Mallon & Tranger, we bring full-service legal counsel to people in Monmouth and Ocean counties and elsewhere in New Jersey who have suffered personal injuries because of others’ careless or negligent acts.
Ready To Take On All Kinds Of Accident Claims
We handle personal injury claims of all types, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We represent drivers, passengers and pedestrians who have been hurt in accidents involving cars, automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, buses and other public transportation vehicles.
- Slip-and-falls: We protect the rights of people who have suffered injury because of wet or slippery floors, sidewalks, parking lots, driveways and other thoroughfares, as well as broken steps, stairs and ramps.
- Construction accidents: We handle claims involving falls from heights, falling objects, malfunctioning machinery or equipment, construction site motor vehicle accidents and negligence in hiring, supervising and training.
- Workplace injuries: We help injured workers secure workers’ compensation benefits for injuries on the job.
- Police brutality: We fight for the rights of people who have been injured when law enforcement officers used excessive or inappropriate force.
- Dog bites and animal attacks
We also represent clients in serious and catastrophic personal injury claims, including wrongful death actions.
Experienced Litigators Fighting For You In Court
At The Law Office of Mallon & Tranger, we are first and foremost trial lawyers. Though we will work hard to settle a case if doing so is in your best interests, we are never afraid to take your case to a judge and jury to get the outcome you want. We will thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of your case, traveling to the scene of your injury, if necessary. We will also work with expert witnesses such as accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, medical specialists and financial planners to prepare and present the strongest case for your full financial recovery.
If You Have Questions, We Have Answers
The legal process of seeking compensation for your damages is very complex. You can always turn to one of our team members for the answers you need. Below, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions that we hear from prospective clients.
How long does it take to get compensation?
There is no easy answer to this question. Some settlements take a few weeks to a few months. Others can take years. Litigation, especially, is time-consuming. Fortunately, because we are so experienced with personal injury claims, we do everything we can to put compensation in your hands as soon as possible.
Do I need to have a trial?
Not necessarily. Most personal injury claims settle out of court. If the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, though, we may have to litigate your case.
What if I am partially at fault?
Even if you share up to 50% of the fault for an accident, New Jersey law still allows you to seek compensation for your damages. The amount of compensation you recover is proportionate to your share of the fault. For example, if you have 20% fault, you can recover compensation for up to 80% of your damages.
What if I don’t want the other person involved to suffer? What if I don’t want to get a bad reputation for suing someone?
In a personal injury claim, you rarely sue the other person directly. You sue their insurance provider, as the insurance company has the obligation to provide compensation for your damages. Even though lawsuits are a matter of public record, they hardly ever make the news when they involve one person and an insurance company. You also have the opportunity to settle privately if you choose.
Do you have more questions? Reach out to us at any time and we are happy to answer them.