Aggressively Fighting For Your Rights

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers' Compensation
  4.  » Recovering Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Workplace Injury

Recovering Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Workplace Injury

On Behalf of | Sep 21, 2011 | Workers' Compensation

If you have been hurt on the job in New Jersey, you may be required to seek any financial damages through a workers’ compensation claim. In New Jersey, as in all states, injured workers are generally limited to whatever benefits are available under the state workers’ compensation laws. There are exceptions, including claims for injuries caused by someone other than your employer or a co-employee. An experienced and knowledgeable lawyer can help you understand your rights and take the right steps to protect your interests.

At the Law Offices of Mallon & Tranger, we bring years of experience to people who have been injured at work. We offer a free initial consultation in all workers’ compensation matters. To schedule an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call us at 732-702-0333.

What to Do When You Have Been Injured at Work

The first thing you want to do after a workplace injury is seek appropriate medical care. You can go to your own physician or to the hospital, but you may also be required to see a company-selected doctor. Once you have a medical opinion regarding your condition, you should notify your employer.

Under the workers’ compensation system, your employer either purchases workers’ compensation insurance or is self-insured (paying their own work comp claims). Once you notify your employer of your injury, you will then submit a claim to their workers’ compensation carrier to receive benefits. The specific amount of benefits based on your type of injury is set forth in the state laws governing workers’ compensation.

If your initial claim for benefits is turned down, don’t be alarmed. Most initial applications are rejected. That’s why you need a good lawyer to guide you through the process. Your attorney will prepare and file all documents necessary to appeal any claim denial, and will represent you in hearings or proceedings before administrative agencies or in court.

Contact The Law Office of Mallon & Tranger

To learn more about a potential workers’ compensation claim, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333. Your first consultation is without cost or obligation. We have offices in Freehold and Point Pleasant.