• Free Consultations Available
  • Call 732-702-0333 Today
  • Se habla Español



When you've been hurt because of the negligence, carelessness or wrongful acts of another driver, you have a right to seek compensation for any personal injuries, as well as property damage. When the other driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash, there may be extenuating circumstances that cause you to look to other sources for recovery of financial losses.

According to statistics, in about one of every ten accidents involving a drunk driver, that driver had a prior DUI/DWIconviction. Because one of the consequences of a drunk-driving conviction is a dramatic increase in vehicle insurance premiums, it's not unusual for drivers with prior DUIs to be either underinsured or uninsured. If the motorist who caused your accident doesn't have insurance, or doesn't have enough coverage to compensate you for all your losses, there are some other avenues you can pursue:

  • Do you have an uninsured motorist clause in your automobile insurance policy?-For an additional premium, you can add a rider to your policy that provides some coverage if the other driver is uninsured. Don't expect your insurance agent to help you find that provision, though. Let us review your policy and be your liaison with the insurer.
  • Who served the alcohol?-Under New Jersey law, you can seek damages from a bar, tavern, restaurant or other establishment that served the alcohol, provided the person was visibly intoxicated when served, or the employee knew or should have known the person was under the age of 21. There is also liability for a social host, a private citizen who provides alcohol to a person who subsequently causes an accident.
  • Was the roadway safe?-Were there potholes, cracks in the pavement, loose gravel on the road, or traffic signs or signals that were defective or missing?
  • Was the accident caused by any defective or dangerous product? Did your vehicle or the other one malfunction or break down?


To learn how we can help you if you have been injured, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333 (toll free at ). There is no charge for your first meeting. We have offices in Freehold, Toms River and Point Pleasant.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Each and every case that we take gets our full attention. When you hire us, you know you have experienced
attorneys doing everything we can to put you and your case in the best possible position for a positive resolution.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Freehold map image
Toms River map image
Point Pleasant map image

86 Court Street
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Freehold Law Office Map

Point Pleasant
3247 Route 88
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions

Toms River
250 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions