• Free Consultations Available
  • Call 732-702-0333 Today
  • Se habla Español



When you've been injured in a motor vehicle accident because of the carelessness or negligence of another driver, you have a right to seek full and fair compensation for all your losses. With respect to workplace injuries, though, a workers' compensation claim can often be your exclusive remedy, meaning it's the only avenue available to pursue damages for injury or loss. What happens if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident during the course of employment? Are you limited to a workers' compensation claim for any damages?

Here's the important thing to understand about workers' compensation-it's intended to provide an alternative remedy when there's been negligence by an employer or a co-employee. If the wrongful act is committed by an unrelated third party, the requirement that you pursue damages only through a workers' compensation does not apply. So, if the driver of the other car is neither your employer nor a co-employee, you can still file what is known as a "third party claim" in a civil lawsuit for damages.

In fact, you can simultaneously file a workers' compensation claim for any negligence by your employer or a co-employee, as well as a lawsuit for damages caused by the carelessness of an unrelated third party. You can't recover twice for the same loss, though. So, if you recover compensation for medical expenses in a lawsuit, you can't seek reimbursement of the same medical expenses through a workers' compensation claim.


We offer a free initial consultation to anyone who has suffered any type of loss or injury as a result of the carelessness or negligence of another person. To set up a meeting, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333(toll free at ) for an appointment. We have offices in Freehold, Toms River and Point Pleasant.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Each and every case that we take gets our full attention. When you hire us, you know you have experienced
attorneys doing everything we can to put you and your case in the best possible position for a positive resolution.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Freehold map image
Toms River map image
Point Pleasant map image

86 Court Street
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Freehold Law Office Map

Point Pleasant
3247 Route 88
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions

Toms River
250 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions