• Free Consultations Available
  • Call 732-702-0333 Today
  • Se habla Español

Drug Charges

If you have been charged with or are under investigation for a drug offense, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your rights. The laws in Pennsylvania and New Jersey are tough on drug crimes, but the federal laws are even tougher. If you are convicted of a federal drug crime, you could risk forfeiture of any property that prosecutors consider to have been obtained with drug money.

At the Law Offices of Mallon & Tranger, we have extensive experience protecting the rights of people who have been charged with a drug crime. To schedule a private meeting, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333. Your first consultation is free.

What to Do When You Have Been Charged with a Drug Crime

A conviction for a drug crime can have severe and long-lasting consequences. In addition to the fines and penalties, such as incarceration, you may find yourself disqualified from working in certain professions.

When you are under investigation for or have been charged with a drug crime, whether possession, trafficking or manufacturing, the first thing you want to do is exercise your right to remain silent. You are not required to answer any questions from police without having an attorney present. Whether you have been placed under arrest or not, there is no requirement that you respond to or participate in any interrogation.

You also want to make certain that you don't inadvertently assist the police in their investigation. A law enforcement officer must have probable cause to conduct a search or seizure at your home. If the police come to your door, you have the right to ask to see a search warrant and you do not have to allow the police in unless they have a warrant. Even if you don't have drugs or drug paraphernalia on the premises, you may inadvertently allow them to see evidence of another crime, giving them probable cause to conduct a search.

The Types of Drug Crimes

The two most common types of drug offenses are possession and trafficking, also known as sale or distribution. Possession offenses involve having a controlled substance without a valid prescription. Depending on the amount, you may be charged with simple possession or with possession with intent to sell.

Trafficking can include selling, transporting or delivering illegal drugs. There are also statutes making it illegal to manufacture or cultivate drugs, such as methamphetamine or marijuana.

Contact Mallon & Tranger

We offer a free initial consultation to people in New Jersey who have been charged with a drug crime. To set up a meeting, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333 for an appointment. We have offices in Freehold, Toms River and Point Pleasant.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Each and every case that we take gets our full attention. When you hire us, you know you have experienced
attorneys doing everything we can to put you and your case in the best possible position for a positive resolution.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Freehold map image
Toms River map image
Point Pleasant map image

86 Court Street
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Freehold Law Office Map

Point Pleasant
3247 Route 88
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions

Toms River
250 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions