• Free Consultations Available
  • Call 732-702-0333 Today
  • Se habla Español

Recovering Workers' Compensation Benefits for a Workplace Injury

If you have been hurt on the job in New Jersey, you may be required to seek any financial damages through a workers' compensation claim. In New Jersey, as in all states, injured workers are generally limited to whatever benefits are available under the state workers' compensation laws. There are exceptions, including claims for injuries caused by someone other than your employer or a co-employee. An experienced and knowledgeable lawyer can help you understand your rights and take the right steps to protect your interests.

At the Law Offices of Mallon & Tranger, we bring years of experience to people who have been injured at work. We offer a free initial consultation in all workers' compensation matters. To schedule an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call us at 732-702-0333.

What to Do When You Have Been Injured at Work

The first thing you want to do after a workplace injury is seek appropriate medical care. You can go to your own physician or to the hospital, but you may also be required to see a company-selected doctor. Once you have a medical opinion regarding your condition, you should notify your employer.

Under the workers' compensation system, your employer either purchases workers' compensation insurance or is self-insured (paying their own work comp claims). Once you notify your employer of your injury, you will then submit a claim to their workers' compensation carrier to receive benefits. The specific amount of benefits based on your type of injury is set forth in the state laws governing workers' compensation.

If your initial claim for benefits is turned down, don't be alarmed. Most initial applications are rejected. That's why you need a good lawyer to guide you through the process. Your attorney will prepare and file all documents necessary to appeal any claim denial, and will represent you in hearings or proceedings before administrative agencies or in court.

Contact the Law Office of Mallon & Tranger

To learn more about a potential workers' compensation claim, contact us online or call us at 732-702-0333. Your first consultation is without cost or obligation. We have offices in Freehold, Toms River and Point Pleasant.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Each and every case that we take gets our full attention. When you hire us, you know you have experienced
attorneys doing everything we can to put you and your case in the best possible position for a positive resolution.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Freehold map image
Toms River map image
Point Pleasant map image

86 Court Street
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Freehold Law Office Map

Point Pleasant
3247 Route 88
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions

Toms River
250 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753

Phone: 732-702-0333
Fax: 732-780-5002
Map & Directions