Aggressively Fighting For Your Rights

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury


On Behalf of | Apr 7, 2011 | Personal Injury

It happens more than you think. You go to the grocery store or to a restaurant, or you stop by someone’s house. There’s a broken step or a slippery floor or sidewalk and you fall. You might break a bone, sprain a knee or wrench your neck. You find that you are in constant pain, that you can’t work without hurting, that you can’t do the things that bring joy to your life.

In New Jersey, owners of commercial and residential property have a duty to maintain that property so as to prevent or minimize the risk of injury to visitors. They must either fix any known dangerous conditions or provide adequate warning of the risks involved. If they fail to do so, you may recover compensation under what is known as premises liability.

At the Law Offices of Mallon & Tranger, we offer comprehensive counsel to people who have been hurt because of the negligent maintenance of real property. We will handle all the legal issues necessary to help you pursue full and fair compensation for your losses. Contact us by e-mail or call our office at 732-702-0333to arrange a meeting.

When You Have Been Hurt on Someone’ Else’s Property

When you enter someone else’s property, you have a right to expect that the property is maintained in ways that minimize your risk of injury. This includes any dangerous conditions that the property owner knew of or should reasonably have discovered. Such conditions can include:

  • Wet or slippery floors
  • Broken stairs or steps
  • Torn carpet or linoleum, or broken tile
  • Malfunctioning elevators or escalators
  • Icy pavement, sidewalks or asphalt
  • Cracked or broken sidewalks or walkways

To recover compensation for a slip and fall accident, you need to show that the property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition, that they failed to either fix the problem or provide adequate notice of the danger, and that you suffered an injury as a result. You can recover for all types of losses, from lost wages or income, the costs of medical care, and physical pain and suffering.

Contact Mallon & Tranger

We provide a free initial consultation to individuals who have sustained an injury on poorly maintained commercial or residential property. For an appointment, contact our office online or call us at 732-702-0333for an appointment. We have offices in Freehold and Point Pleasant.